Village2Village Project Mission
Our Mission:To provide comprehensive, empowering, respectful and compassionate care for vulnerable children and their families,
one life at a time.
Our Priority:Children who have at least one parent affected by HIV/AIDS or violence, and their families.
Our Location:Serere, Uganda; a county of rural villages in Soroti district, in the Teso region of northeastern Uganda. In time we may expand to serve those in need in a variety of locations both inside and outside of Uganda.
- To help impoverished children realize their God-given potential by providing educational, medical, nutritional, social and spiritual care.
- To develop a supportive community of children and families that will provide a safety net for one another in crisis.
- To reinforce the child's extended family ties and support the family's efforts in making positive decisions for their orphaned relatives.
- To slow the devastation of disease in areas with limited medical care and counter the desperation of extreme poverty.
- To serve those in need regardless of their religious affiliation.
- To make human connections between the developing and the industrialized world for the benefit of all.
- To offer hope and relief in Jesus' name motivated by our Christian faith, partnering with other caring people to encourage children and families in crisis.
- To provide all care by ethical means within a sensitive cultural context that maintains the dignity of the child and family as beloved of God.